Chimney Sweeping – Cleaning & Repair
Here at Gesundheit we believe you should make sure your fireplace and chimney are inspected annually, preferably in fall or beginning of winter to check for any obstructions from animal nests during spring, summer and to clean up any residue from the previous season. Here are a few signs that indicate your chimney or fireplace needs cleaning:
- Your fireplace smells like a campfire. You detect the smell of burned wood coming from the fireplace even when it isn’t lit.
- Fires burn oddly. When you light a fire in your fireplace, it just doesn’t burn as well as it once did.
- It takes more effort to get a fire going and keep it going. It’s more difficult to get a fire started, which might be because your chimney is clogged and airflow is restricted. Fire requires oxygen.
- Smoke fills the room. Even with the flue open, smoke from the fireplace waifs through the room.
- The fireplace damper is black. A black damper indicates creosote buildup. Creosote may appear as a build up of soft and flaky soot. In more advanced stages, it condenses into a hard, shiny substance that clings to surfaces in a tar-like fashion.
More than Chimney Sweeping
So we don’t just do chimney sweeping but We do everything for your peace of mind. We inspect, clean and do proper maintenance like water proofing the chimney crown, repair dampers or the fire box and provide custom spark caps in stainless steel or black galvanized.To learn More About the Gesundheit Chimney Cleaning Process simply click the link below. ( ADD LINK)
Check with our team if any chimney repairs are due. While some repairs may be out of scope of our work, we will be happy to refer you to a professional in that area of expertise.
Broken chimneys may pose a security risk and can become a major insurance liability.