Avoid a Fire Coming From Your Dryer:
- Clean the lint filter before or after each use.
- Make sure the dryer is plugged into an outlet suitable for that appliance.
- Do not run the dryer without the lint filter in place.
- Do not leave the dryer running when you leave the house or while you are sleeping. If a fire should occur while you are away, it will not be noticed for some time.
- Make sure that the vent hose is cleaned regularly – we recommend using rigid aluminum piping.
- Keep combustibles such as clothing and boxes away from the dryer.
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Gas dryers should be periodically inspected for leaks in the pipe or connections.
- We also provide repair and replacement services for your dryer venting setup.
For Dryer vents that are over normal length, we recommend installing booster fans for better performance.